IAT Resistor Mod - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-28-2002 Thread Starter

IAT Resistor Mod

I know this is completely debateable on the subject of if this mod works or does not, but I have some questions.

I recently installed this Mod with a 10k Ohm Resistor from ye ole Radio Shack (I love that place), and I thought I might throw my two cents in. First off, I would like to exemplify my lack of knowledge in cars, I know what I can, I learn what I can, and I just recently (when doing this mod) learned where my IAT is. I threw in a 10k resistor, and I have yet to experience any pinging (whatever that is, I have no idea on earth what pinging is, but my engine seems fine, and still purrs like a good Mustang), but I just noted that getting this damned resistor in there was a pain (length of the cord was far too short)

So basically, what are your thoughts on this mod? I am intrested to hear what other people think, but in the mean time, I am gonna go see if this thing helps me kill some local highschool riceburners.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-28-2002 Thread Starter

Just thought I would throw this in. I like my IAT mod, I am not sure if it helped any (not noticeable at all), but I would like to say this.

Its not smart to race a nearly stock 5.0 against a 2000 Saleen. But hey, atleast I got to hear his supercharger whining at full throttle as it shot by, made the whole thing worth it.

GOD BLESS MUSTANGS!

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2002

's Avatar

It's been known to be good of .10 to .15 on my dad's '01 GT.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009

IAT modification is a waste of time and effort.

It does nothing, at least noticeable. Scam artists have being taking money from people making them believe it is worth it and telling that they will have gains in the order of 20hp!!!

Now adays, many people know that it is a scam. That is why scam artists are now enclosing it in a fancy box and calling them "modules".

Come on guys, don't fall on this IAT joke. If you want to try it by your self, measure the resistance of your IAT in ohms when cold and then replace it by a resistor of the same or close value.

Don't expect too much though.

I have an article in my blog about it and how to do it by your self at IAT Resistor Mods vs Performance Modules vs Real Chips | Technical Domain

Cheers

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page