Mustang as parts car--what is it worth? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007 Thread Starter
5.0L Member

Mustang as parts car--what is it worth?

It's taken me a week to get over it, but I'm still upset. My 1994, 5L mustang slid off the road into a utility pole during wet snow. The front quarter is damaged, body shop gave me an estimate of $4000. I'm undecided about repairing it or selling as is. Motor has about 100K for miles, custom exhaust, pulleys, etc. I've had people make offers as parts vehicle--dont know what it is worth as parts car. What do you guys think. take a look at the photos and let me know.
What do you think this is worth as a parts car sale??
upset in nh

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	94-mustang-1.jpg
Views:	8842
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	26243   Click image for larger version

Name:	94-mustang-3.jpg
Views:	2176
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	26244  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007
PONY Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to countymounty
Holly smokes, that looks like it was once a nice car.

Doesn’t look like that would be repairable, the frame has to be a pretzel. Normally you will get much more for a car if you are willing to part it out, but that involves some wrench turning on your part.

Around here you are looking at around $1500 as a whole.

So , let me get this straight…..your Honda has 1.6 liters, whereas my bottle of Mountain Dew has 2?

"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe. -Jesus

-1988 Ford Mustang GT Convertible, 331 Trick Flow Stroker with a Tremec 3550....oh yea and a 1.6 liter V-TECH motor to work the convertible top.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008
V6 Member

Ouch...my heart sunk
eya id say sell it in parts....youll get much more for it that way...me and my friend were talkin last night...since my 94 has 166k on it...talkin bout if i were to get in a wreck if id get more for the whole thing or sell...hes like id prolly get more just for the interior lol.....but yea
if u have a free weekend...take out everythin...
take out interior, take off the pipes, take out the engine if you know how...
youll get a good amount depending on who u sell to
strip it down...sell the body to a salvage yard or whatever....post the engine and the pipes and interior online or somewhere...may take a while to get it them sold.....but youll get mroe......but if u need the money now....youd just as well sell it for whatever someone offers you...

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008
Rookie

I agree on parting it out also, if you have the patience, skills, and time. You'll get way more money that way. Just my 2 cents. But if your looking to get another one, and a little extra money helps also. Last winter I took a road trip with my oldest son to Florida for 2 weeks, and boy did I get lucky, found a 1 owner 94 G.T. all original never been whacked, owned by a middle aged lady who was getting tired of shifting through the gears. Sold it to me for a song and a dance. Then just had it shipped up to me in Mass. I actually saw it on autotrader.com before we left. Good Luck in whatever your decision is.

SPEED IS THE FREEDOM OF THE SOUL
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 86Lx
Hope you had snow insurance!... Those 94-95's are easy to find because most people dislike the body, you should part it out and try to keep the mods so you dont have to rebuy them, if your willing to remove them yourself you should be able to make decent money on the part out, plus you can scrap whats left for cash. I found this modded 95' Gt for less than $4,000 on autotrader, repairing isnt worth it.... Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

"I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about."
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

I wonder whatever happened out of this, it's been over a year since that post.

AFM Site Administrator
Member: Mustang Club of America #82740, White Mustang Registry #362, NMRA, Fun Ford Weekend, Mustangs of Burlington

MOOG Certified Technician
For mods and sound clips, see profile and gallery.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013
Rookie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningr8 View Post
It's taken me a week to get over it, but I'm still upset. My 1994, 5L mustang slid off the road into a utility pole during wet snow. The front quarter is damaged, body shop gave me an estimate of $4000. I'm undecided about repairing it or selling as is. Motor has about 100K for miles, custom exhaust, pulleys, etc. I've had people make offers as parts vehicle--dont know what it is worth as parts car. What do you guys think. take a look at the photos and let me know.
What do you think this is worth as a parts car sale??
upset in nh
How much r u selling the car for?
I wrecked mine in I seen this one n I need one for under 1500
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013
Rookie

I seen this mustang bcus I wrecked my front end if u still got this how much do u want for it?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013
MACH I Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfranks1 View Post
How much r u selling the car for?
I would have thought the OP's either sold the car as a whole or in bits by now. He's had nearly 6 years!

2006 GT Deluxe - 5MT - 12.50 @ 109.61
314rwhp 330rwtq with basic bolt-ons
SHELBY GT 500 Member
5.0L Member

Hey TJ, look at the upper left hand corner of the post and you will see the date of the post. You can also click on the user's profile and send them a PM (private message) or you can look on their profile to see when was the last time they were on this site.

It has been a while

2016 VW GTI 4 door DSG
1989 Sonic Blue Mustang LX Coupe, 349 ci,
392 rwhp 424 rwtq....Mustang Dyno
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page