Very Thorough Oil Filter Breakdown - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wbrockstar

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
GT Member

Very Thorough Oil Filter Breakdown

I came across a video a few days ago and because of how detailed its content is,I thought it might be helpful to some who have a hard time deciding on which filter will work best for their particular engine or at minimum it will give you a very thorough picture of which filters use the best internal components and which use the worst.All 14 filters shown in the video are cut open,disassembled,internals are layed out on a table side by side and every component from every filter is discussed.Conventional & synthetic filters are shown.Any feedback you may have on specific brands/types is welcome too.When it comes to oil filters,there seems to be alot of mixed reviews,where 20 people claim one filter brand (regardless of type/ internal component make-up) is junk,while 20 other people claim just the opposite,so its hard to choose by reviews alone.Viewing the filters yourself should clear things up.Let the feedback begin.Thanks

Krem12 likes this.

91 LX 342ci (10.5:1)
TFS 190cc (stage ll)
GT40 (tubular) intake
Lunati 61011(.549"/.565")
QA1 Coilovers
Weld ProStar XP's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
Apprentice

Interesting. Thanks!

My engine builder loves WIX and NAPA filters. He says he's had too many Fram failures on his HiPo engines. Who knows? He does a lot more with engines than I'll ever do.

1994 GT Convertible, Yellow on Black
Flowmasters
Baumann Shift Kit
BBK CAI Kit
BBK MAF
Moss-ported Lower Intake
90K Original Miles
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
GT Member

Two of the three vehicles I own require the filter to be installed horizontally and eventhough every component inside an oil filter is important,I never realized just how important the anti drainback valve is.I had noticed on numerous occasions when I would start my vehicle,days after doing an oil change with a cheap filter,that rattling sound you hear for a few seconds after startup when a lack of lubrication is present,would be there.After that,Ive been running high quality filters ever since.The cheap materials dont do their job at all or do it for a few hundred miles then quit.

91 LX 342ci (10.5:1)
TFS 190cc (stage ll)
GT40 (tubular) intake
Lunati 61011(.549"/.565")
QA1 Coilovers
Weld ProStar XP's

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
Apprentice

Wow....great information here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page