Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   5.0L Tech (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/5-0l-tech/)
-   -   Yellow Wire From Heat and A/C Control (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/5-0l-tech/1081365-yellow-wire-heat-c-control.html)

rbaxter85 06-30-2019 02:05 PM

Yellow Wire From Heat and A/C Control

3 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

I had annoying air bag light blinking in my 92 fox body. In the process of removing the air bag control module I somehow disconnected the yellow wire from the heat and a/c control on the dash. I have no idea where is goes does anyone know? I have attached pictures for a better idea of what I am talking about.

Travis98146 06-30-2019 03:43 PM

I'd try to pull up a wiring diagram.

wbrockstar 07-01-2019 08:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I believe that's a vacuum hose,not a wire.Look under the dash to the right of the steering column.It looks like the hose that goes to the vacuum motor which controls the defrost/panel vent.If this hose is disconnected,air will blow out of the defrost panel only.If you look at the diagram below on the left side where the yellow hose is displayed,you can see that no vacuum being present at that vacuum motor will move the door to the down position (making the air blow out of the defrost panel only) Vacuum being present at that vacuum motor will move the door to the up position (making the air blow out of the instrument panel vent registers instead) Rotating the knob to different positions directs vacuum to the various vacuum motors that control the various doors.

ALMOST STK 07-01-2019 11:29 AM

Looking under the dash from the backside.

wbrockstar 07-01-2019 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALMOST STK (Post 9237817)
Looking under the dash from the backside.

Good pics.

rbaxter85 07-04-2019 01:53 PM

Thanks everyone! I would have never found it without those pics. I will wait till I get my new air bag module before testing it out but pretty sure I have it connected again.