25317628 fuel injectors from LS1 work in 5.0? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

25317628 fuel injectors from LS1 work in 5.0?

I heard that the Ls1 injectors will work. So I procured a set. They are part number 25317628, from what I can find, they are 22 lb injectors. I ordered the adapters so they will plug into my existing harness. Has anyone run these? Yay or nay? Also while I’m at it, I noticed the MAF from the LS1 has the same plug as my fox. Will that work too??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019
BOSS Member

I really don't understand the concept behind this...

1) if you have a stock or near stock engine, the oem system can deliver all the fuel it needs

2) If you need 22 lb injectors, why not get the ones spec'd for those cylinder heads?

3) Adapters for LS1 injectors . sounds like real potential issues with fuel distribution "disturbing" the airflow pattern

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Gonna get Chevy cooties.

130 total pounds of Pitbull ruled by 8 pounds of cat.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawstang View Post
I heard that the Ls1 injectors will work. So I procured a set. They are part number 25317628, from what I can find, they are 22 lb injectors. I ordered the adapters so they will plug into my existing harness. Has anyone run these? Yay or nay? Also while I’m at it, I noticed the MAF from the LS1 has the same plug as my fox. Will that work too??
Your buddy has an LS motor that he’s parting out I’m guessing?
I’m pretty sure the MAF will be a nay if we’re talking plug and play. Maaaybe with tuning it could be made to work.
What cylinder heads do you have?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechkid View Post
I

3) Adapters for LS1 injectors ……. sounds like real potential issues with fuel distribution "disturbing" the airflow pattern
I think the adapters are electrical plugs. Not too much fuel comes out of the electrical plugs..
But yeah, I don’t get the concept either. But I’m pretty sure he bought them off a buddy for cheap. Otherwise I imagine he’d have bought ford 24#’ers.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
I really don't understand the concept behind this...

1) if you have a stock or near stock engine, the oem system can deliver all the fuel it needs

2) If you need 22 lb injectors, why not get the ones spec'd for those cylinder heads?

3) Adapters for LS1 injectors ……. sounds like real potential issues with fuel distribution "disturbing" the airflow pattern
I have new heads I’m about to install, TF twisted wedge 170’s and TF street heat intake, 70mm tb, n-41 cam, MAF, A9L ecu, Hugh volume fuel pump, adjustable fuel regulator, so.....I think I need upgraded from stock injectors. I got the aforementioned injectors for free, all the above items wiped out my wallet... or I would just order the ones specd.....that’s why...from what I’ve read, you can just plug them into the rail and with the adapters, into the wire harness and they are good to go? They are Delphi style injectors.....but it doesn’t appear as many have had any experience with this is my guess by the limited replies.....😔
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

[QUOTE=90lxwhite;9242067]
Quote:
I

I think the adapters are electrical plugs. Not too much fuel comes out of the electrical plugs..
But yeah, I don’t get the concept either. But I’m pretty sure he bought them off a buddy for cheap. Otherwise I imagine he’d have bought ford 24#’ers.[/QUOTE

The adapters go between the existing wire harness and the injectors. They just make it so the stock plugs can plug into the injectors, yeah, I got them free. .....
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Sounds like the majority says it won’t work? And I should buy injectors and MAF? I have a stock MAF that I was gonna try. (I’m going from speed density) my plan is to get a bama tune when I get it all installed.....you think? Maybe?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019
GT Member

Dont forget to buy the maf harness and extra pins needed for the maf conversion. The vss connection is the main one, otherwise stalling may occur when slowing to a stop.

https://www.stangnet.com/tech/maf/ma...onversion.html

91 LX 342ci (10.5:1)
TFS 190cc (stage ll)
GT40 (tubular) intake
Lunati 61011(.549"/.565")
QA1 Coilovers
Weld ProStar XP's
BOSS Member

and don't forget to get tow truck insurance...especially when dealing with the "Mail Order" expert tuners....

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrockstar View Post
Dont forget to buy the maf harness and extra pins needed for the maf conversion. The vss connection is the main one, otherwise stalling may occur when slowing to a stop.

https://www.stangnet.com/tech/maf/ma...onversion.html
Roger that. I ordered the conversion harness from LMR. That’s what ur talking about right?
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Sounds like the majority says it wont work? And I should buy injectors and MAF? I have a stock MAF that I was gonna try. (Im going from speed density) my plan is to get a bama tune when I get it all installed.....you think? Maybe?
No way to the Bama tune, not with those hodge-podge of parts especially. They don't know what your tuning needs really are without seeing any data. It takes dyno tuners several pulls to get the tune set right and they are monitoring the air to fuel ratio in realtime. There's no way they'll be able to get it right on the first try sight unseen. They have a hard time getting it right even with stock maf's and injectors.
I'm also thinking that even if you went with 24# injectors they might be on the small side for you.
GT Member

Quote:
Roger that. I ordered the conversion harness from LMR. Thats what ur talking about right?
Yeah

91 LX 342ci (10.5:1)
TFS 190cc (stage ll)
GT40 (tubular) intake
Lunati 61011(.549"/.565")
QA1 Coilovers
Weld ProStar XP's
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90lxwhite View Post
Quote:
Sounds like the majority says it won’t work? And I should buy injectors and MAF? I have a stock MAF that I was gonna try. (I’m going from speed density) my plan is to get a bama tune when I get it all installed.....you think? Maybe?
No way to the Bama tune, not with those hodge-podge of parts especially. They don't know what your tuning needs really are without seeing any data. It takes dyno tuners several pulls to get the tune set right and they are monitoring the air to fuel ratio in realtime. There's no way they'll be able to get it right on the first try sight unseen. They have a hard time getting it right even with stock maf's and injectors.
I'm also thinking that even if you went with 24# injectors they might be on the small side for you.
So ideally I would find 30# Injectors (for Ford. Lol) with the MAF that’s calibrated to them. Eh?
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
So ideally I would find 30# Injectors (for Ford. Lol) with the MAF thats calibrated to them. Eh?
Ideally you would get X size injectors and X maf and have a tuner tune it using realtime or recorded data. "Calibrated" maf's are kinda whack. The "calibrating" for the injectors is really in the ecu and not the maf. For example the '95 cobra and gt gave the same exact maf but the cobra has 24# injectors and the GT has 19's. The difference is in the "tune."
"Calibrated maf's are work arounds in lieu of tuning. 24's might be ok but 30's I think would give you a little more wiggle room. For some reason when I post links it doesn't always allow one to click on them. If you can't "click," copy and paste this link. It's a good write up on calibrated maf's. Side note a 94/95 GT/Cobra parts store reman maf might be a good budget option.
http://www.efidynotuning.com/maf101.htm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page