Mustang 1995 GT - RPM fluctuating while driving and surging - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Mustang 1995 GT - RPM fluctuating while driving and surging

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90lxwhite View Post
I had a ‘90 that the previous owner put an X mid-pipe on with no cats and the cabin kinda smelled like a gas pump. So I had a muffler shop weld in a couple of “high flow” universal cats and the smell was gone. The exhaust note was a little quieter but it didn’t feel any slower. The high flow cats are just short cat converters like these.
https://www.amazon.com/Flowmaster-22.../dp/B0085UDUL8
Just an FYI, If you went somewhere else for a tune they won’t be able to read what’s on your chip, but they could erase what’s on there and write a new tune.

I was thinking a out pulling the chip and sending it to someone to overwrite it and just give them what specs I know.
Is there some sort of trusted shop that does that. Or is it better to just buy one of them pre programmed deals (I.e. Bama tunes or whatever)?

...I guess one of my issues is that I don’t know if there is actually anything wrong with the tune itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 63 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrockstar View Post
Does the tuner do something specific to the chip that prevents another tuner from reading it,like a password of sorts,or is the chip just designed this way automatically??

We’ve got a question for you over in the Voltage Regulator thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #63 of 63 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
SHELBY GT 350 Member

The chip can only be read by the person who writes it. They can erase what’s on it and write another though.
I’m not sure that Bama etc would let you reuse your chip, they’d probably make you buy one from them. I wouldn’t do that anyway though. You want a tune based on live or recorded data. Not a tune based on a list of modifications.
CUAviator likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
surging rpm fluctuating

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page