Ford Mustang Forum banner

89 sunroof gasket?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  wbrockstar 
#1 ·
Have an 89 LX that working on complete paint job. Roof around sunroof looks to have some rust. Planning on removing sunroof and rubber seal and sand and paint channel where seal connects. Looking for best deal on replacement rubber seal, and any tips for replacement.

#3 ·
Also check the little plastic pieces that the fingers slide into that are mounted to the roof. I had a leak because they were cracked from age. This may have to come from a pick a part yard, that's where I got mine or you could try and use epoxy to seal any cracks you may have in yours. The part would be number 11 and number 12 is the gasket for it

Attachments

#4 ·
The following site sells quite a few of the sunroof parts shown in my89foxbodys diagram.It wouldn't hurt to remove the sunroof and spray some water in the run channel on the body & make sure its draining thoroughly.If not,you can use a coathanger or some type of wire to run through the drain holes/hoses.The hoses are covered by the A-pillars trim & quarter windows trim.

https://www.npdlink.com/1979-1993-mustang/exterior/t-top-sunroof

Reactions: my89foxbody
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.