Ford Mustang Forum banner

-6 AN Fuel Lines

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  wbrockstar 
#1 ·
I have a 1993 Mustang GT that I have recently swapped out the EFI in favor of a Holley Sniper EFI setup. My question is how can I connect the factory fuel lines near the passenger fender well to -6 AN? I have the -6 AN lines already but just need to adapt the factory steel fuel lines. I have included a picture of the lines on the passenger side that I am mentioning. Are there any adapters to securely convert these to -6 AN? Is there another preferred method? Thanks in Advance,

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·

Attachments

#3 ·
I have these 2 connectors but they don't appear to fit very well. One is for 5/16 line and one is for 1/4 line. Maybe my lines sizes are incorrect, not sure.

Attachments

#4 · (Edited)
You've got the correct sizes,but the most likely reason why those connectors wont work is probably due to your oem line having a double rib setup vs a single rib like shown in the image at the bottom.BTW- I assume the only reason you're switching to an AN style connector/line is to mate with the tbi unit,correct,since the oem line/connector wont work with the Holley setup?One note: simply increasing the diameter from the stock 5/16" to 6AN line shortly before the tbi unit wont increase your fuel supply,if you're currently running or planning to run alot more hp than stock and this was another reason why you were going to AN. You would need to go AN starting at the fuel pump hanger in order to increase the fuel supply.Was just asking to see if there were any additional reasons for your switch between the two.Read the following thread starting at post #15 which explains the single vs double rib fitment issue.

https://www.corral.net/threads/help-hard-fuel-lines-to-an-fittings.1951674/

Attachments

#5 ·
You are correct, I just want to adapt the lines to the -6AN of the Holley Sniper.

#6 ·
If you were to reconnect your oem metal lines (with the male springlock fitting at the fuel rail end) back onto the lines shown in your image,you could probably use a fitting like shown below to make the conversion from the oem to AN lines.The fitting below is AN at one end and female springlock at one end,which the oem male springlock fitting would plug into.The image posted below is the wrong size (9/16) but it details the type of fitting you could use.It wont connect to your lines like they are currently pictured,but it would if you go back 100% oem.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fra-491991-bl

Attachments

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.