Eibach springs or another brand? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004 Thread Starter
5.0L Member

Eibach springs or another brand?

This winter i would like to lower my car but i don't really want it to ride like crap or handle bad. I've been looking at the eibach pro-kit springs but i don't know much about them or any other brand. Also they are the most expensive ones that i have seen so they must be good, but are they worth it. So what is everyone else using and how do you like them?

Bolinger

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004
GT Member
4.6L Member

i prefer suspension techniques. they have a smooth ride and still handle very well. i've had them on my last 2 stangs and i already bought them for my cobra but haven't installed them yet.

1998 SVT Cobra #4941 of 5174 built on June 19,1998
4.30s, Speedcal, WMS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Sniper Tuner, March pulleys, Mac O/R H pipe, Flowmaster orig. 40's, King Cobra clutch, D/S rotors, FRPP 9mm's, Max. Motorsports C/C plates, Termy front control arms, H&R SS springs, MM solid steering rack bushings, Tokico HP struts and shocks, Mac subrames, HID Bi-Xenon 6000k kit, Saleen 18" wheels, Saleen S-281 spoiler, sequential tails
Up Next: Termi diff, 31 spline Axles, LPW girdle, MM LCAs
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004

I just installed H&R Super Sports and love them. All reviews I read, everyone was happy with them. They don't settle unevenly over time like Eibachs (supposedly) often do. I coupled the springs with KYBs all around, and the car handles great. Drastic improvement over the stock set-up. She even hooks up better. Just my two cents, but I rely heavily on product reviews and am very happy with H&R.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004

Well I'm using Eibach sport springs in my stang and its a little rough. I would look at the Mac lowering springs, I had them in my old car, the car handled a lot better and very smooth ride.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004

I have the Eibach Pro on my 88 Vert and they are great. I used MM isolators and that helped keep the drop an evan inch front and rear. New KYBs and it is 100% improvement.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004 Thread Starter
5.0L Member

thanks for all of the imput. i'm still not sure what i am going to do yet.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Eibach has two different style springs., one for just lowering a little and the other Sportline for even lower. After experiencing many different springs on friends Mustangs, Eibach, Suspension Techniques, Mac and H&R, I have always gone to Eibach for the best ride out of all of them. Buddy them up with a good to great strut/shock combo and forget about the others. You get what you pay for. If Eibach was too expensive for you, I would look into the H&R's as a second choice. Don't bother with the Mac springs... They should stick to headers. Edelbrock makes a decent strut/shock combo, as well as Bilstein. KYB's suck unless you cannot afford the others. It's worth it to wait and save up for something better. The ride quality is wirth the extra money in my opinion.

"Mad" Max
1992 LX, thanks to Chicane Sport Tuning and some friends.. it is now wrapped with new graphics and ready to hit the streets AGAIN!!!!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004 Thread Starter
5.0L Member

what would be a good combo for the eibach pro-kit lowering springs?

Bolinger
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Bilstein or Edelbrock depending on the driving you do...

"Mad" Max
1992 LX, thanks to Chicane Sport Tuning and some friends.. it is now wrapped with new graphics and ready to hit the streets AGAIN!!!!
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to Lances03GT Send a message via Yahoo to Lances03GT
Ive had my H&R's for about 6 months and love them.

2003 Black Cobra
2.93 pulley,100mm idler,RWTD SCT II tune,JLT RAI,Magnaflow Tru X w/c's,Mac CB,Full legth SF conectors,Strut tower brace,H&R Race spring's,Bilistien shock's,Hurst shifter,18x9 AFS Chrome 03 Cobra wheel's.

2006 V6,Performance white with Pony package.

Super Moderator on Mustangtuning.com & DSGregistry.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxxxd
Eibach has two different style springs., one for just lowering a little and the other Sportline for even lower. After experiencing many different springs on friends Mustangs, Eibach, Suspension Techniques, Mac and H&R, I have always gone to Eibach for the best ride out of all of them.
Maxxxd is rite Eibach has 2 different types of springs. The Pro spring will give you the smooth ride that I think you looking for. The Sport spring is what I have and the ride is rough. Unlike Maxxxd I've had Mac springs and loved them in my old stang. If you're on a budget, I think Mac is the way to go.
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86StangLX
I just installed H&R Super Sports and love them. All reviews I read, everyone was happy with them. They don't settle unevenly over time like Eibachs (supposedly) often do.
While I agree that H&R springs are good springs, I have to say I have never had Eibach's settle uneven on me. Any spring matched with a substandard strut/shock combo will have to work twice as hard and will wear uneven or settle more than they should

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxxxd
I have always gone to Eibach for the best ride out of all of them. Buddy them up with a good to great strut/shock combo and forget about the others. You get what you pay for.
I completely agree. I matched my 94 Cobra’s Eibach Pro springs with Bilstein strut/shock combo. The ride is great and handling has been improved 300% or more! Very different animal now!

Tony Berger
91 LX 337 Incon Twin Turbo
D&D Viper T-56 6 speed
Maximum Motorsports front to rear
94 Cobra
99 Lightning
88 SSP Secret Service
and it's JUST-N-LX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page