SCT Superchips Custom Eliminator 4-Bank Chip (Mustang Performance Chip - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005 Thread Starter
5.0L Member

Question SCT Superchips Custom Eliminator 4-Bank Chip (Mustang Performance Chip

SCT Superchips Custom Eliminator 4-Bank Chip (Mustang Performance Chip FROM MUSTANG TUNING.COM IS IT WORTH THE 300.00, HOW MUCH HP ARE WE TALKING, DOES ANYBODY HAVE ONE, WILL I NOT REGRET THIS, HOW HARD IS IT TO INSTAL. I NEED HEL.P WITH THIS BEFORE I PAY 300.00

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005
BOSS Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to GhostDog 5.0 Send a message via Yahoo to GhostDog 5.0
You should get your car dyno tuned and have a custom chip made if you have that much cash ready to spend. If you want to try tuning your car or begin learning, you should check out a product called Tweecer.

89 GT Hatch: Custom M90 Supercharged w/ Ported Trickflow Trackheat Heads, Stage 1 cam, Streetheat lower / Sheet metal upper, Tweecer RT & PLX Wideband, 75mm TB, 1.6 Roller rockers, 3.73s, MSD 6a, Canton 7qt Pan+ Windage tray, 36LB Injectors, 200 amp Alternator, 75mm Pro-Mas MAF, 190lph fuel pump,Spec Stage 1 Clutch,SouthSide LCA's, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Steeda CC Plates / Springs, FMS Aluminum Driveshaft, New T5 w/ 2.95 first gear, Underdrive pullies, Zirgo 3300Cfm Elec. Fan, AFCO alum. radiator
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005
5.0L Member

With your mods, you don't need a chip or a dyno tune. And Ghost, sometimes dyno tuning isn't exactly cheaper than 300$. Most places will charge like 100+/hr. That's pretty much just for their time and to put the car on the wheels heh. When I put a single turbo kit on my car, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I know dyno tuning is my best bet. Unless I look into a Tweecer, FAST, or AEM.. which them are quite pricey I do believe. However it would be neat to say, "Yeah, I even tuned it!" lol.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005
5.0L Member

OMG, I had no idea the Tweecer's were that cheap! I just went to their website, that is DEFINATELY what I'm getting. That's awesome.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005 Thread Starter
5.0L Member

Question

Well Im Not Much On Ecu So What Do You Guys Reccomend For My Next Mod, Im Only In High School So Not To Expensive. I Figured A Chip Would Help Me Out Alot, Guess Not. Haha
What Do You Think.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SLOW5-0
Well Im Not Much On Ecu So What Do You Guys Reccomend For My Next Mod, Im Only In High School So Not To Expensive. I Figured A Chip Would Help Me Out Alot, Guess Not. Haha
What Do You Think.
Automatic or 5spd? lol.. I hate seeing that BBK CAI kit in your sig. I absolutely hate them things now. My car had one on it when I got it, well I beat the crap out of my car everytime I get in it.. eventually the CAI intake tube came off the TB and that's when I noticed the intake tube on the TB was actually too small for my TB. The tube connected to the TB by actually going IN it.. then the blue rubber connecter on top of it with the clamps. I believe the TB is a 70 or 75mm, so now I have to figure out where I can get a intake tube that actually fits on the TB of my size. Anyhow, enough of my car problems.. I'll get it figured out when I get my next paycheck. As for your next mod, if you have a 5spd do you like the feel of the stock shifter? if not.. look into a aftermarket shifter like the Pro 5.0, Steeda tri-ax, etc. It's not really a performance mod, but you'll be able to grab the gears easier and quicker. Are you wanting to eventually get a power adder for your car? turbocharger, supercharger, nitrous? I plan on going with a turbocharger in the near future and I have the stock intake manifold, and cam. Stock heads with a little port work, I'm not going to touch any of that stuff, because with a single turbo kit from HP performance I'll easily be at 400-450 rwhp on a conservative tune. Anyhow, let us know what YOU want the car to do.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005 Thread Starter
5.0L Member

Question

ITS AN AUTO AND I JUST WANT TO GET MORE HP AND IMPROVE 1/4 ET, I WANT THE MOST POSSIBLE HORSEPOWER WITH A SMALL BUDGET, I PLAN TO GET A 306 IN IT THIS WINTER, AFTER I SAVE FOR A WHILE. WHERE TO GO? YOU DONT THINK A CHIP WILL HELP?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SLOW5-0
ITS AN AUTO AND I JUST WANT TO GET MORE HP AND IMPROVE 1/4 ET, I WANT THE MOST POSSIBLE HORSEPOWER WITH A SMALL BUDGET, I PLAN TO GET A 306 IN IT THIS WINTER, AFTER I SAVE FOR A WHILE. WHERE TO GO? YOU DONT THINK A CHIP WILL HELP?
Well, when people order chips for the computer they have done extensive amount of mods, Heads/Cam/Intake. They order the chip to make the car run better with the combination of modifications they do. With you having a pretty much rock stock motor, no a chip really won't do you any good. And when you go to do further mods in the future, you will have to send the chip back to get it reburnt for the combo. You already have gears.. so I would suggest to start saving up for some heads and an intake. I would just go with a complete trickflow setup. Check out www.trickflow.com for their products. Also, check out the beginners guide to mods, https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ead.php?t=1337 that should give you a good idea on where to go with your car. If you don't have alot of money to put down on a good seat of heads/intake.. get ahold of Tmoss here on AFM, he can port your stock intake/heads(not sure what he charges, but surely it isn't that bad). *Edit* I just noticed you don't have headers, pick yourself up a set of 1 5/8 BBK headers. That'll free up a little power, make the car sound good as well. After you get the heads/intake portion lined up, look into getting a different Throttle Body. After all of that is addressed, you'll be putting down some decent power.. then it's time to take care of the suspension to get that baby to hook up.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005 Thread Starter
5.0L Member

Talking

Thanks For The Help
5.0L Member

By the way, trade me wheels. lolz j/k. I LOVE draglites on a foxbody. Got any pics of the car? I bet it looks nice aye?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page