Cam swap E303 to Trick Flow Stage II worth the effort? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2005 Thread Starter
5.0L Member

Cam swap E303 to Trick Flow Stage II worth the effort?

Just wanted to get some opinions about switching my cam from an E303 to a trick flow Stage 2. Just wanted to see if there would be any difference or enough to be worth the time it takes to change it. Some determining mods are listed. TRW forged, 306ci, Pro M mass air, 70mm tb, trick flow intake upper and lower, trick flow street heat heads, 1.6 roller rockers,bbk shorties, bbk h-pipe. Also have a ZEX wet kit and will probaly spray 150.
Thanks

Last edited by 89BlackStang; 10-15-2005 at 02:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2005
BOSS Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to GhostDog 5.0 Send a message via Yahoo to GhostDog 5.0
I would. The trickflow cam has more lift and longer duraction and 112 lobe seperation vs 110. That should translate into more power and much better idle quality.

89 GT Hatch: Custom M90 Supercharged w/ Ported Trickflow Trackheat Heads, Stage 1 cam, Streetheat lower / Sheet metal upper, Tweecer RT & PLX Wideband, 75mm TB, 1.6 Roller rockers, 3.73s, MSD 6a, Canton 7qt Pan+ Windage tray, 36LB Injectors, 200 amp Alternator, 75mm Pro-Mas MAF, 190lph fuel pump,Spec Stage 1 Clutch,SouthSide LCA's, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Steeda CC Plates / Springs, FMS Aluminum Driveshaft, New T5 w/ 2.95 first gear, Underdrive pullies, Zirgo 3300Cfm Elec. Fan, AFCO alum. radiator
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2005
redhotstang00

I would do it, like GhostDog 5.0 said has more lift and longer duraction...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005

i would do it! i dont know why i dont like Fordracing cams i think is because the lobe separation and no good vacuum!
P.S what you people think of sky cams?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005
GT Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to STONECOLD
But I think the real question is, just how much more power might it make? There has to be somewhere or someone he can speak to, to get a decent guesstimate as to how much more. At what pont is the effort enough? Would you be willing to spend the money to buy it and effort to put it in for.....lets say 5 ponies more? (I just know the basics about cams, im just asking in case some one knows the answers, so I can learn.)

1995 Mustang GT 5.0
BBK CAI, Pro-M 75mm MAF, Pro-M Optimizer, BBK 70mm TB, GT-40 Intake, 24# Injectors, AFR 165's, 1.7 Roller rockers, Crane 2040 cam (E-303) BBK Equal Length headers, BBK O/R X-pipe, Flowmaster American Thunder 2 Chambers. FMS 3.73 Gears, Lentech AODE 2800 stall, BBK 255lph Fuel Pump, BBK Fuel Pressure Regulator. MSD 6AL, Steeda UDP's, FMS Aluminum drive shaft, Autologic chip Larocca tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page