Help on installing a SN-95 Dash into a 1993 Fox - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006 Thread Starter

Help on installing a SN-95 Dash into a 1993 Fox

Hello, I've began work on installing a dash from a 1999 Cobra into my 1993 Fox Mustang. I have found that the console lines right up with the E-Brake, shifter and mounting bracket. The dash is another story. I have begun trimming a little at a time and it seems to be working; but I could use some advise on where exactly to cut. I also need to know about the steering column. If I can use the old fox column or use the SN-95 If there is anyone who has done this conversion and could give me few pointers please LMK...thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006
GT Member
5.0L Member

Why would you even attempt this? The door panels and rear coupe pieces from the SN95 are not going to fit at all. Your car is a hatch, and the SN95's arent, its never gonna work back there. Since the dash and door panels and everything flow right into one another.... Dude, I just dont think its gonna work. They are too different.

Cardinal Red '88 GT 5 speed, 99 Contour Electric Dual Fans, Battery relocated, 130 amp alternator, 76mm Mass Air conversion, 75mm BBK throttle body, 5.0L .030 over, BBK SSI, AFR 185cc heads, Comp Cams XE276HR, BBK ceramic longtubes, Spec Stage II clutch, MM front/rear coil overs, MM front LCA's, MM manual brake conversion, Flaming River Manual Rack, 94-04 Cobra front brakes, 99 Cobra IRS, Torsen T2R differential, 3:55 gears
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006
redhotstang00

I never did this but, i know it's been done.. do a search on yahoo and you should fix so help to you conversion...

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006 Thread Starter

Hey Man,Well, I thought about that and plan on using the Door Panels from the '99 in my car. At least part of them. I'm building custom door panels to match the dash. I know it sounds like it would not look right; but just that dash sitting in my car looks so cool. Believe it or not, it does flow with the car.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006
GT Member
5.0L Member

Oh I wasnt trying to say it wouldnt look good, although I dont really care for the SN95 interior particularly, I just think that the back half of the car will be a mess. The rest will likely not be too bad. I wish you the best of luck, cause I think youll need it.

Cardinal Red '88 GT 5 speed, 99 Contour Electric Dual Fans, Battery relocated, 130 amp alternator, 76mm Mass Air conversion, 75mm BBK throttle body, 5.0L .030 over, BBK SSI, AFR 185cc heads, Comp Cams XE276HR, BBK ceramic longtubes, Spec Stage II clutch, MM front/rear coil overs, MM front LCA's, MM manual brake conversion, Flaming River Manual Rack, 94-04 Cobra front brakes, 99 Cobra IRS, Torsen T2R differential, 3:55 gears
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006 Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Well, so far so good. I've cut quite a bit off the front of the dash all the way to the defrost opening ; but it seems to be fitting the contour of the car. I'll try to post some pics here soon..LATER!!
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006 Thread Starter

Well, here's a pic of the dash roughed in my car. Believe it or not I was able to use the existing mounting holes on both the dash and the firewall. More pics soon..enjoy!!Help on installing a SN-95 Dash into a 1993 Fox-muatangdash1.jpg
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006
BOSS Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to GhostDog 5.0 Send a message via Yahoo to GhostDog 5.0
What a mess! I love it. Good luck, I cant wait to see how it turns out.

89 GT Hatch: Custom M90 Supercharged w/ Ported Trickflow Trackheat Heads, Stage 1 cam, Streetheat lower / Sheet metal upper, Tweecer RT & PLX Wideband, 75mm TB, 1.6 Roller rockers, 3.73s, MSD 6a, Canton 7qt Pan+ Windage tray, 36LB Injectors, 200 amp Alternator, 75mm Pro-Mas MAF, 190lph fuel pump,Spec Stage 1 Clutch,SouthSide LCA's, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Steeda CC Plates / Springs, FMS Aluminum Driveshaft, New T5 w/ 2.95 first gear, Underdrive pullies, Zirgo 3300Cfm Elec. Fan, AFCO alum. radiator
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006

it looks good.... keep up the good work
Apprentice
5.0L Member

hey man it already looks pretty cool i saw a stang in one of the mustang mags and the guy used like almost the intire interior and it looked like he used the newer steering colum but i dont know what he had to do he must of had just a little more money then most us guys on here so it might be a little too big to do i was thinking about doing this good luck keep us posted

'91 gt 306 all forged internals e303 cam msd 6al blaster coil lowered 2 in all around hids 5 speed swap cold air ported and polished e7 heads(for now) magnaflow catback steeda tri ax mid length headers off road h pipe and 3.27 gears
5.0L Member

Damnnnnnn!!!!! You make all us Hacks proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5.0L Member

SWEET!! Man, good luck, it's going to be a nice interior. I've seen more than one fox with this conversion, so I know it can be done. Easy? Nope, and you know that lol. But I know of a guy swaping an entire drivetrain from an 03 Cobra into a 60's mustang... including interior. Let us know how it turned out!!
PONY Member
5.0L Member

That looks pretty cool. It seems like it made the interior a lot smaller though. BTW, your avatar rules Wiz75!

1993 GT Reef Blue/Titanium, leather, Loaded. Mods; BBK Cold Air Intake, EGR elimination, FRPP Smog pump eliminator, Hurst Comp Plus Shifter, FRPP 3:73 gears, FRPP carbon fiber clutch packs, BBK ceramic coated shorties, Magnaflow Catback

Gone but not forgotten: '83 Charcoal GT 5 spd,
'89 Black/Titanium GT 5 spd, '90 Black LX Hatch 5 spd, ...
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006 Thread Starter

Cool

Thanks for all the support guys!! I'll try to post more pics soon. The next step is getting the SN95 steering column installed and the joys or wiring!!:hihi: Just remember one simple rule I've always lived by when it comes to cars
"<i>Anyone can restor'em..it takes a real man to cut one up!!! </i>
MACH I Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to lxarlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8950lx
SWEET!! Man, good luck, it's going to be a nice interior. I've seen more than one fox with this conversion, so I know it can be done. Easy? Nope, and you know that lol. But I know of a guy swaping an entire drivetrain from an 03 Cobra into a 60's mustang... including interior. Let us know how it turned out!!
are you talking about the article in mustangs and fords this month with the yellow "SN65" on the cover? body of a 65 fastback and frame/ floorboards of the cobra?

Why drive a Prius when you can have a Fiesta!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page