Underdash wiring, plz post all knowledge and pics - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007 Thread Starter

Underdash wiring, plz post all knowledge and pics

I have an 89 GT with a wiring nightmare. I have posted another thread about this but disregard that one, everything will be covered here. Basically I am rewiring a project car. The underdash wiring is my problem. Most stuff will plug in ok, but about half of it doesnt seem to fit anything. Power mirrors, windows, lumbar seats, power locks and much more is not hooking up right. If anyone can please post anything and everything you know about underdash wiring here it would be a huge help. I have an electrical troubleshooting book but only half the wires are the right color, and alot of the connectors dont match anthing on the car. I've had this car for over 2 years, about a year of that has been body wiring problems one after the other and its a complete nightmare!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007
GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

what year is the harness your using? on the 89 you cant use a 90 and up harness, air bag stuff? big G

93 LX, 5.0, aod 3.73,bbk shortie headers, x pipe, pypes 2 1/2" all mandrell bent , carbon fiber driveshaft,70mm throttle body,73mm c&l meter, 24lb hr injectors,b303 cam, crane cobra 1.7 r rockers, electric fan, 6g alt,underdrive pullies,00 gt wheels 17x8 1/4 mile time 12.85. @ 108.96 mph .100% italian
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007 Thread Starter

Im not sure what year it is from and I just realized that a few days ago there are many different year specific harnesses. Im thinking this one may need to come out and make room for one that I know for sure is from an 89 with all the power options I need (windows, mirrors, locks, ect.)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007
GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

is there any # on that harness? should be on a blue or white tape tag middle part of # i think is 14401, BIG G

93 LX, 5.0, aod 3.73,bbk shortie headers, x pipe, pypes 2 1/2" all mandrell bent , carbon fiber driveshaft,70mm throttle body,73mm c&l meter, 24lb hr injectors,b303 cam, crane cobra 1.7 r rockers, electric fan, 6g alt,underdrive pullies,00 gt wheels 17x8 1/4 mile time 12.85. @ 108.96 mph .100% italian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page