Essential Fox Mustang Mods - Page 7 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Garage
Both are supposed to spin. Rebuild the clutch pack in the Trak-loc in the rear axle.

90 LX 5.0 5spd
FTI TW 11R 170cc --- Custom Cam Soon....
Ported 93 Cobra Intake Manifold -- BBK 75mm TB
FRPP shorties -- BBK O/R X
Spintech Prostreets -- 2.5in Flowmaster Tails
Hurst Billet Plus Shifter -- BBK CAI
FRPP 3.73s -- Walbro 190lph
3G alt -- Contour Fans -- '92 Premium Radio w/ EQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

With that said, since both should spin, what is the advantage to those thousand dollar non-locker differentials besides obviously being stronger?

PONY Member

Garage
Ones such as the T-2 torsen, use a set of nifty gearing and have no clutch's. They wont ever wear out and you wont ever do a one wheel peel.

90 LX 5.0 5spd
FTI TW 11R 170cc --- Custom Cam Soon....
Ported 93 Cobra Intake Manifold -- BBK 75mm TB
FRPP shorties -- BBK O/R X
Spintech Prostreets -- 2.5in Flowmaster Tails
Hurst Billet Plus Shifter -- BBK CAI
FRPP 3.73s -- Walbro 190lph
3G alt -- Contour Fans -- '92 Premium Radio w/ EQ

Rookie

I'm new to the forum and just purchased an all original 95 Mustang GT convertible. The first that I think of are mods. I've read and taken most of the info and have made notes. My question is top end kits. I've looked at Trick Flow and Edelbrock kits. Is there a combination, from a parts bin, that works well together in terms of power and reliability. Street use and not necessarily for the track. In other words which cam works well with which heads, intake, throttle body etc. What are your experiences? Any feedback would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page