Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Okay, I was suduced by Ford 0% Financing
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2006 Thread Starter
mrvandermey
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Well, I grant I may be hoping for a miracle in gas mileage, considering my FORD Fusion only got 22 MPG (it was rated at 32 mpg) and my FORD Mustang only gets 14-18 MPG (rated at 26 mpg). So it is likely the 19 mpg on the window sticker of the FORD F-150 my be a stretch. With that said, I may have mentioned this before, but my brother just bought the same truck a few days before I did, except his is the longer bed/wheelbase and is 4x4, and he is getting 18.5 mpg on the freeway on his last road trip. When I had my '02 explorer with the 4.6L, I consistently got between 18-21 mpg and I drove it hard.

Regardless of the gas mileage, I will say, the ride is nice. I did not sacrifice style or comfort...I got most of the bells and whistles. She is well equiped. Once upon a time, I had a Chevy Silverado with the 5.3L V8 (got 20-21 mpg) and then I sold it for some reason and have always regretted that decision. Now that I have a F-150, the Ford blows the Chevy out of the water. Very smooth ride. Barely can tell it is a truck.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome