View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2013 Thread Starter
mtu245
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Questions for Lowering

Hi Guys,

Finally want to get around to doing a mod before this summer is finished. I was thinking of doing more exhaust work, but I think I really want to do some Suspension work instead. I've been searching threads like mad and I think I've finally decided on what to purchase. I'm going to do this purchase in a few stages, as I'm really on a budget with other bills to pay lol.

Products to buy:
1. Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts
2. Eibach Sportline Springs
3. Ford GT500 Strut Mounts

My Research:
I haven't read anything bad about these products being used on our cars. I'm think it should be a solid upgrade over stock. So any suggestions for me on this purchase, good or bad? I really wanted to do this install myself to save some money, but I'm really nervous about screwing up.

My Goals:
I am not tracking this car. It's my daily driver. I want the lowered stance for looks when cruising, but I want it to have a performance benefit as well. I'm one of those guys who just street drives and wants to push the car from time to time for fun. I don't mind extra NVH.

My Concerns: lol
I know some of the hidden costs that will creep up on me might be the Camber bolts, but was worried if the Sportline springs will require Caster/Camber plates...this would suck for costs for my budget. Also, a Panhard bar will probably be needed. Is it an immediate requirement? Is there anything else I should be aware of?

If everything is positive and funds work out. I should be able to order this Thursdays payday. Think I might buy the Eibach Springs first. Since there is a 10% rebate this month too. Then in a couple weeks get the Mounts and Koni STR.Ts.

Pretty stoked for a mod finally! Thanks guys. I know this is pretty repetitive of a thread, but just looking for re-assurance and just excited.

2011 Kona Blue MT82 V6 Mustang Pony Package 3:31 Gear Ratio, Interior Upgrade Pkg, Security & Shaker500/Sync
Mods (in order of installed): AM Bama SCT SF3 Tuner w/ 87 Hybrid Tune, Airaid CAI, Hurst Billet Plus 2 Short Throw Shifter, Lethal O/R H Pipe w/ Stock Exhaust, Blacked-Out Tints on Rear Windows, Full Ceramic Tint on Front Windows, Metra Touchscreen Dash Adaptor, Single DIN Head Unit, 6.5'' Component Speakers Fronts, Stock Rear Speakers, 10'' Sealed Subwoofer, 4ch. and 1ch Amplifier. LED licence plate lights, LED interior dome lights, FRPP/Dynamic shocks and struts, SR Performance lowering springs, GT500 Strut Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR LCA's, BMR Relocation Brackets. Rear Seat Delete.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome