Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Dilema! Chance to get a Ford GT but would mean giving up the Shelby and Saleen!
View Single Post
post #37 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2006
steve999_1
Apprentice

grey supercar ?

Firstly I love the tungsten / quicksilver combo on the Mustang as you can see from my gallery ! However, I have seen a tungsten / quicksilver GT40 in the Legacy Ford dealership when I collected my car last December. Whilst it looked quite smart, I'm not sure if it really suited this style of car and the red one they had in the showroom 2 month prior definately looked better. Maybe if the interior had been red (like the Mustang option) it would have looked better, but it was black and a bit dull. Actually Ford's comments about the GT40 being 'dressed in the suit' is probably true - but there lays the problem - most poeple dont want a GT40 in a fine suit !

Its a great colour for 'normal' cars, but a mid-engined, 2 seater 'supercar' in metallic grey, something not quite right here.

My only advice would be to try to see the car in the flesh then you will be better positioned to make a decision, if colour is you main concern.

06 GT Tungsten with quicksilver stripes, Prem with red interior, FSAB, stickshift. Lightning Performance 62mm TB, WMS CAI with Ram Air box, Kooks Long Tube headers, X-pipe and Magnaflow back system. Diablo Predator tuner. Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks, Eibach Sportline springs, BMR adj panhard. Stern ST-1 Beast 20" x 8.5" & 9.5" staggered wheels in Hyperblack with Nitto 555s, 255/35 & 275/35. 12" Phat antenna.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome