Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - MT-82 Transmission Additive Update
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2013 Thread Starter
harveyshepherd
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

MT-82 Transmission Additive Update

I have put about 250 miles on my car since adding the XL-18 additive to my MT-82. The transmission is still shifting flawlessly.
For those that didnít read the original thread board member JAJ5Point0 diligently dug out the 2013 Motorcraft Transmission Fluid chart which mentioned (note 6) an additive (XL-18) that should be added to the MT-82 transmission. I seem to be the first one to try it and the results have been nothing short of phenomenal.
Prior to this I had installed the Barton two post bracket (it helped a little) and switched to Redline (it helped a little). With the new information from JAJ I switched back to the stock dual clutch fluid and added the 0.9 oz of XL-18.
The results have been amazing. The notchiness is gone Ė the gear nibble is gone. On a cold morning I can shift directly into second like butter where before I had to leave second out of the shifting pattern for 10 minutes.
I would assume (and correct me if Iím wrong) that if you are still running the stock tranny fluid all you would have to do is dump the additive in Ė since itís only 0.9 oz I canít image you would have to drain any existing fluid but once again Iíll leave that to the gear heads.
I would really like to hear from some more members that have tried this additive so I donít think this is just an anomaly.

Harvey

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3884.JPG
Views:	1841
Size:	806.2 KB
ID:	260802   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3885.JPG
Views:	1879
Size:	770.9 KB
ID:	260810  

2020 GT/PP - Previous GTs (2000 - 2005 - 2012 - 2016)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome