Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - To Race or Not to Race, THAT is the Question
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2006
mot250
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfrisch
Even if that thing has 600HP, it's still HEAVY. I really doubt it could beat you.
Like 2006GT said above, I've seen big old 1-ton crew cab dually 4X4's run low 11's with these boxes and trans tuners (and yeah, they look funny as all get out doing it). A stock 06 Mustang GT is good for 13.6 or so at best with stock street tires. That adds up to a good possibility that the truck could win.

Has he ever run the truck on the track before? If so, how did it do or would this be the first time for him also?

Either way, go ahead and hit the track just to have a great time.

BTW, my best time before the Flowmasters (I haven't been back since I put them on) was 13.678 seconds at 103.something MPH (without removing the spare and jack) and I'm a novice at drag racing. Dynoing it on a Mustang Dyno after the Flowmasters came in at 261HP and 275 TQ.

2006 Legend Lime Mustang GT/Manual Trans/some mods(tired of updating) 13.257 @ 109.36 on stock 18 fanblades and stock BGFs wth CAI, tune, UDPs
1967 Lime Gold Galaxie 500 XL/390 4bbl/Toploader
1966 Mustang Coupe/bare metal (rebuild in process-slowly)/engine&trans TBD

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome