Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Switching form Bama tunes to ???
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2013
6Bolt
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Not to be cynical or anything but I would have to ask how many of our 3.7's have over 100k on these "hot" tunes from MPT or Steeda that they are using at the strip? Maybe I am wrong and there are lots of 3.7s out there with tons of miles on these same "hot" MPT or Steeda tunes.

But I am pretty sure that almost all of the tunes BAMA has sent out no doubt are on the "safe" side for DD considerations. I know that I (like many) run the BAMA 93R tune in my DD but I am not going to dream it's going to be the "best" when running down a strip that's just wishing to have your cake and eat it too IMHO.

If you are getting tunes just for your 1/8th or 1/4 then sure I am betting there are lots of tweaks that "can" be done the question is how is it going to be if you leave it in there long term?

For instance running mildly lean short term would be more performance, long term... well don't expect to have much of a long term. IE you are not going to be able to use it as a DD.

Hell you know even just going lighter weight on your engine oil will increase times too right? but who's going to go there, and then expect it to function as normal for their DD?

Just tossing it out there

Oxford White 2015 Premium GT with 50-Year Pkg | 3.55 Gears | Roush CAI (105mm Velocity tube) | Stainless Works Headers (Jet-Hot ceramic coated), high flow cats, H-Pipe CatBack full 3" with 4" tips| BAMA V2 93 Octane Tune | Baer EradiSpeed-Plus 2-Piece Rotors | JLT 3.0 Oil Separators | FRPP M-20201-M STB | Silver PP Wheels 19x9, 19x9.5 | NITTO G2 255-40-19, 275-40-19 Tires | J&M Jacking Rails & Subframe Alignment Kit | Steeda Subframe Connectors & Bushing Supports | BMR Front Subframe Brace | Cervinis 1232 Functional Ram Air hood | Ford Performance door sills | White Madness Garage Chrome Shifter | Diode Dynamics interior LED conversion stage 1 & XP80 reverse light | 3M Dark Ceramic Tint (25% sides/20% rear) | Lloyds "50 Years" floor and trunk mats...

Performance White 2012 Premium Pony Package | Torsen T2R 4:1 TBR | FRPP 3.73 Gears | GT500 Differential Cover | DSS 3.8" Carbon Fiber DS | Airaid CAI | BAMA 93R tune | Baer DecelaRotors (drilled/slotted) | BMR Adjustable Panhard & Brace | JLT Oil Separator | Boss 302 STB | Nexen N3000 255-45-ZR18Y tires | PP Engine Cover | 25% Tint

All cars should be rated for Smiles Per Gallon!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome