Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Switching form Bama tunes to ???
View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2013
HowellDoug
PONY Member

Certainly no intent on my part to say that Steeda, MPT or Lund, etc. made "unsafe" tunes. I've used Steeda tunes before on a previous Ford, and worked with Gus, and as others noted, he did stand up work and provided me with excellent customer service. I don't have any personal experience with MPT or Lund.

I successfully campaigned a heavily built Ninja 900 back in the mid-late 80s. I've got a decently firm grip on the whole strip scene, even though my interest today lies in track days, vs. going fast in a straight line. I do know that if I ran 40 passes in one night (not sure where that would ever happen around here), I most likely would find a way to slightly improve my times. I didn't mean to imply that all of the gains someone saw was due to driver improvement, but that it's very possible SOME of the gains were from that, not just from the tune.

I purchased a DiabloSport from Bama, so I'm "stuck" with them, and I'm not terribly interested in investing in an SCT device so I can try someone else's tune. If one of the other companies decides to support the Intune device, I would gladly give them a whirl.

'14 V6 Prem. 6 speed Perf. Pkg. Oxford White/Saddle
Mods in profile

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome