Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Jenvey Intake Manifold
View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2013
Kerrdogg
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimmons View Post
The manifold is available without throttle bodies.My question is would it be feasible to come up with an air box that bolts directly to the intake runner flange (where the individual throttle bodies normally bolt on).

The air boxes would come together at the front at the engine, and there would be a flange at the front where a single throttle body would bolt on (like the stock application.

Careful engineering would allow us to use a GT or Boss throttle body at approximately the same position as the OEM GT/Boss locatn at the front of the motor, and would then allow us to use a GT CAI.

I have a customer that is a Jenvey dealer here but I think I have my situation figured out, had thought about ordering there lower runners and building a box, because I am F/I throttle body size really doesn't matter. I am currently waiting on others at the moment. I posted a pic of my solution to the head cooling issue, really not a big deal, can tap into the heads or the base plate of the replacement intake. I am having a base machined currently and am going to try to form six runners that transverse from round into oval and have the injector spot in the correct place, it will be a one possibly two piece intake that should mimic a Wilson style.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	underintake.jpg
Views:	1067
Size:	467.7 KB
ID:	263761  

13 V6 Coupe Base MT6
Home built 62mm Turbo Kit

"Old Bo and Luke didn't need no GPS or big old fancy computer cause the one thing those old Duke boys were good at was finding Cooter!"

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome