Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - High RPM acceleration sound
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2013 Thread Starter
Colby2013
Apprentice
S197 Member

High RPM acceleration sound

Hey, guys. Ever since I started running my Lund tune, right after I ran a bama I started to notice a rattle at high RPM acceleration(it could have started before that, just more quietly). I initially thought it was some sort of exhaust rattle, but after the past week or so I've started to question that. At about 5,000RPM give or take a little, it starts to sound like some kind of metal flapping up against metal(that's all I can think of to compare it to). Maybe like an aluminum sheet hitting something at a very high speed, which is what made me think it was exhaust that was loose or something, but I have checked all of my exhaust numerous times to make sure it's tight. Also, I believe it gets louder in a 3rd gear acceleration, than 1st or 2nd, but that could just be me. I know people have had problems with the driveshaft, but with my mods, and speeds that I'm going, I didn't really think it could be that. I just wanted a few opinions though. Thanks.

Black 2011 V6 - Totaled
Candy red 2012 V6 - Sold
Candy red 2013 V6 PP - SCT tuner with Jon Lund tuning, BBK TB, FRPP Sport Axlebacks, Airaid CAI. SOLDDDDDD
2003 Redfire Terminator - Too many mods to list, SOLDDDDDDD
2012 Yellow Blaze 5.0 - M6, Lund tune, GT500s, O/R H pipe, and some other cool stuff

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome