Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - My day at the car show!
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2006
fishingjts
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoenr
I took 3rd place in the show I attended this weekend, only because it was a rather small show. Other than that Im getting tired of the car show scene. Ill explain, the mustangs that have beat me out in a few shows were sad, just plain sad. Not detailed at all, engine compartments filthy, and little or no dress up's, not that those matter really. Just tired of the guys who dont even have the hoods open taking the trophies. If your hoods not open, should be automaticly a no win situation IMO.
Maybe the next show Ill just leave the hood shut!
I hear you... I'm going to be more selective on what car shows I enter... Example I went to the is car show last year. I won "Domestic - Wild - All years". Same show this year... they changed the format to No Classes - Participant Judged... Plaques to the top 50 cars (out of 106)... I came home empty handed... while a POS Nissan 240 (that really had the snot beat out of it, with the hood DOWN!) took home a plague... So... from now on I'll be sticking with show that have a least some kind of classes and preferably be "judged"... not the good 'ol boy buddy voting system! LOL!

BTW... Was greating meeting Ron and getting to check out his great looking ride! LOL!

John - The V6 Apologist

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - BBK Shorties - MRT Axle Back - FRPP 3.55

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome