Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - My day at the car show!
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2006
2horseowner
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myltlpny
That's very true, I agree 100%. I've been to a couple of shows where the car clubs get together and vote for each others cars. Hey, if the piece of plastic and aluminum means so much to you...that's your problem. I had a good time anyway. The best shows are the Judged shows because the judges know what they're looking at. And they seem to appreciate the car for the work you put into it. It's nice to win an award, but it's the people that make it worthwile.
Don't assume the judges know what they are looking at. I won second place at a judged show and there was no way I should have even placed. The class was 94 to present Modified Muscle and I was up against some pretty heavily modified early cars including an 01 Mach with a full roll cage, rear seat delete and Recaro racing seats. The judge walked past every car except mine and an 06 coupe. The 06 took first. We talked to the judge and he said that our cars were automatically 75 point cars because they were new. I'm probably the first trophy winner in history to protest the win.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome