Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - MPT Tunes - what shifting preference did you select??
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2013
powerwhee
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakerocket View Post
Race, 1-2 shift will spin for a full second and practically get sideways. I can also chirp when shifting into third at 60+mph. Bama tune couldn't even chirp the shift into second always. Downshift delay when mashing it in drive is also greatly reduced. Keep in mind this is on my all seasons though not my summer only tires. When I get a day off school and work and the track is open, probably in like 5 years lol I'm hitting the strip.
With my revised steeda tune for the shorties and my summer tires I can get full blown sideways in 100 degree weather.

Yesterday I break launched at 2k and left a 40 ft patch of rubber and smoke was erupting from the tires as I was rolling away through all of first gear. This never happened before the shortie headers. And my tires all are still at over 7/32 tread.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome