Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Anyone else love the sound of the V6
View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2013
randeez11
BOSS Member
S197 Member

One has to be realistic here. The V6 can be made to sound great with the proper exhaust enhancements. But it can never be made to sound like a V8. As a matter of fact, the newer V8's like the Coyote can never be made to sound like the performance V8's of the past.
I always have had big, modified engines in my cars. My 442 with big cubes, and long duration cam , sounded nothing short of awesome. It idled at 1500 in park, 1200 in gear. It rumbled, and loped like it meant business.
But that was then, this is now. My V6 sounds great, and I have accepted the fact, that it is not a large displacement race engine.
When I consider all parameters , gas mileage, reliability, and driveability, it becomes quite clear that that in it's own wright, the 3.7 is and excellent powerplant. One must just realize, their limitations. And be honest, with themselves.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome