Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Mustang V6 Driveline Vibration when letting off gas
View Single Post
post #51 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2013
PW_Pony
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesean View Post
Well, they finally got close to getting the wheel balance issue fixed. Had all four of the rims included in my performance package replaced because the clear-coat was d-laminating. Seems after they put the new rims on the balance issue disappeared. Interesting because prior to the d-lamination issue they insisted the wheels were true....

The vibration between 2500 and 3000 rpm still persists. A ford engineer drove may car and gave me the "this is normal" BS. I took the car to another dealer, the problem was readily available to the tech and they escalated the issue up to Ford. Ford told them not to perform any attempts to repair the car and referenced a service or technical bulletin that stated some 2011-2013 Mustangs with V6 and manual transmission may exhibit this trait. I spoke with the manager told him I had averaged a new car every 2-3 years and asked him why I would ever, ever, ever step on a ford car lot again let alone purchase another vehicle from ford. I'm pretty much their prime demographic, 51 years old with a decent income. Unbelievable...They know the car has a problem and refuse to fix it!!! I'm not sure if that is driven by arrogance or stupidity, but that's pretty much the bottom of the barrel. Interestingly, the dealer was also extremely put off with fords response and gave me copies of the escalation paperwork, fords response and a copy of the bulletin... Luckily, California has some pretty strict lemon laws which I am vigorously perusing
Every manual 12+ I've seen has this trait. So good luck with the lemon law thing since pretty much all manual 12+ are going to have the 2.5-3k vibration. Learn to live with it, replace the dual-mass flywheel with a single mass, or trade your car on an auto or something else. Pretty much going to be your only options, lemon law will just be a waste of time with the vibration issue.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome