View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2006
GTNOS
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyppus
A little off topic, but...

I'm going to be driving the Mustang to Florida before Thanksgiving and plan on making it down there as quickly as possible, weather conditions permitting...

Any input on which of the following states seem to be more relaxed on speed enforcement (Ohio, Tenn, Ky, Georgia, Florida), or does it vary by municipality?

Also, is the speed a trucker is driving really a good gauge of police presence in the vicinity?
dont know about the other states, but you take your right foot off the gas when you hit the Florida state line. especially the turnpikes. when we took the family to disneyworld in may this year, there were FHP and Orange County Sheriff cars EVERYWHERE! they all had someone stopped, and they were all pressing hard... it sucks too, Floridas pikes are 55 MPH ours are 75 MPH in OK, so it was damn hard for me to drive from Orlando to the Cape doing double nickel the whole way... thank g-d i opted for the minivan instead of the mustang vert for the rental car.... (just not enough room for the kids and luggage) or i would have been stopped for sure... stangs tend to stall at low speeds like that...:eyepoppin :hihi:

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome