Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Why is the Rear View Mirror in the Middle of the Windshield?
View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2006
JetBlack
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5twenty
That's the solution!!! I thought you meant unbolting or unscrewing the mirror and turning it over. You just meant rotate the mirror on it's mount!! Duh!

Now the mirror is where it should be (for me) and I'm not constantly trying to look around it.

Thanks, JetBlack!!
No problem I like it better that way. It actually seems to fit the dome-light box better, upside down.

Ford never consults me.

I always wanted to make a little mirror periscope, for my truck, so when it's loaded down with firewood or whatever, I could look at the mirror location and it would really be a wide, periscope that looked up over the top of the rig. But nowadays, for about $60 I could just order an all-weather camera from Harbor Freight Tools and mount the camera under my rear bumper and put a "Pimp My Ride" monitor on the dash. Pretty blingy for taking garbage to the landfill though.

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome