Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - High RPM acceleration sound
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2013
AMDanBailer
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby2013 View Post
Hey, guys. Ever since I started running my Lund tune, right after I ran a bama I started to notice a rattle at high RPM acceleration(it could have started before that, just more quietly). I initially thought it was some sort of exhaust rattle, but after the past week or so I've started to question that. At about 5,000RPM give or take a little, it starts to sound like some kind of metal flapping up against metal(that's all I can think of to compare it to). Maybe like an aluminum sheet hitting something at a very high speed, which is what made me think it was exhaust that was loose or something, but I have checked all of my exhaust numerous times to make sure it's tight. Also, I believe it gets louder in a 3rd gear acceleration, than 1st or 2nd, but that could just be me. I know people have had problems with the driveshaft, but with my mods, and speeds that I'm going, I didn't really think it could be that. I just wanted a few opinions though. Thanks.
It sounds like you're just experiencing a slight pinging. This can be adjusted within the tune very easily. I would recommend just giving your tuner a call and they can make a few small adjustments. This should fix your issue!

I hope this helps.

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome