View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2013
powerwhee
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyrock View Post
I had a G35 before this Mustang and I've read articles where they compare the exhaust note of the two cars but the G and Z series cars have a unique sound to them that might be hard to duplicate. I think a lot of people just assume that V6 owners who add exhaust are after a V8 sound because they don't see the point. I had a Flowmaster on an 01 V6 and it sounded nice to me but don't think that's what you're after. I think my G35 had the nicest stock exhaust note of any vehicle including motorcycles of any vehicle I've owned.
The reason g35s and g37 have nice exhaust sounds is because from the factory the come with tuned length shorty headers which gives them that nice deep smooth rev up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome