View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2013
powerwhee
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmxblazer View Post
The genesis coupe v6 was designed by Hyundai/Kia it shares no parts with a Infiniti or Nissan motor. The turbo 4 was a world motor developed by Mitsubishi,Chrysler, and the Korean auto groups.... I believe the key to making the sound different other than exhaust is cam profile. And as others have said ported heads and intake manifolds throttle body and full exhaust. At the end of the day there is not much exotic about the 3.7 no flat plane crank. The most exotic thing about it in my opinion is variable cam timing.
If you say so im not sure on jt because the owner told me that his salesmen told him that.

maybe the salesmen had the 2.0t and the 3.8 confused. Or maybe it was a sales tactic. Either way I think it sounds very similar to a g37. It doesn't perform like the vq engines though, even if its rated at more hp and torque.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome