Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - MT-82 Transmission Additive Update
View Single Post
post #61 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2013
Jimmy Toronto
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Went to my dealer today Heritage Ford, I talked to the tranmission tech and he was well aware of the XL-18, It has been ordered by them and as soon as it arrives I will get a call to take the car in,,,, He was a cool guy and we talked for about 10 minutes about the issue, he was aware of the problem the MT-82 is having until the car warms up, I told him that my car shifts like butter after you drive it for 5 minutes and he said < I no so does mine, He is also driving a new mustang, One thing that he said that got me thinking was ,Don't worry about it and just dont bang gears till the car warms up. I promise nothing will happen to your car, we also talked about switching to full synthetic, the only thing he said was it will void your warranty if something goes wrong, and told me to just wait for the additive, Again he made it perfectly clear that I have nothing to worry about as his car and many others are doing the same thing, Now on another note, I do not having any problems banigng gears in my 14 GT track pack at all. WOT shifs are flawless and the transmission and shifter are working great, its just that 5 minute thing when I leave my garage it takes a bit of time for it to shift smooth. Hopefully the additive will fix that,

2014 GT Track Pack. JLT CAI. 94 dyno Tune,MBRP street catback, LCA, PHB, Springs.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome