Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Expected Performance Gains?
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2006
stlwagon
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JourneymanDave
Good call on the C&L and Brenspeed tunes, I think. I went JLT and BamaChips, but I hear great reviews on the options you're looking at also. For me, getting the CAI and tuner was the biggest difference-maker so far. Almost like another car after throwing them on.

I'm skeptical about the TB spacer. All of the forum posts I've read seem to say that it's not worth any power. I think even the aftermarket TB's themselves are hotly debated, so I'd recommend further research on that mod before you plunk your money down on these items. I might even point out to you that you can get the Ford Racing CMRC delete plates for < $100. That might be an alternative for you, and I got a nice little bump in output after installing mine.

As for the difference between UPDs: Steedas seem to be the most favorably reviewed product, so that's the way I went. I see that a lot of other guys are running Motoblues, but I couldn't vouch for them. I could definitely recommend the Steedas, but they're a tad pricey. Either way you go, I'd recommend you check out the previous posts that describe the installation procedure. It was very helpful for me to look at beforehand.
Welcome to the boards Dave. How do you like the CMRC deletes?

1965 Mustang Coupe

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome