Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Tire diameters, gearing & tuning. Stock ECU conflicts?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2013 Thread Starter
fullsail
Apprentice

MPG is a consideration - it is my commuter car and I drive it about 500 miles a week.
But I didn't get a new car to look like Im driving the airport rental Mustang. As the miles add up the less I owe and the more it becomes my toy.

The 20" Panoramas are pretty light at 25.5 and 23.5 lbs. The tires are heavier! Bf Goodrich in a 35 series run 31.5 and 27.5 lbs. and in the 40 series run about 33.5 and 30 lbs.

My goal is to make a good looking solid feeling driving car. If I ended up with an overall MPG of 25+ after everything I would like to do, I would be happy. Most of my driving is freeway traffic but stop and go traffic is the worst. Any bit of lower gearing would really help out in not getting cut off while I'm waiting for the engine to do more than lift the front end and make noise to only have to hit the breaks just as the motor starts delivering.

The wheels and tires are not going to be happening anytime soon but in the next few months I wanted a new drive shaft and a Whiteline Watts link installed. I figure that would also be a great time to swap the gears.

USEFUL LINKS
.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php
.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp
.wheelweights.net
.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/aftermkt.htm
.autos.aol.com/
.cargurus.com

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome