Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - No love from a sixer
View Single Post
post #72 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2006
mrvandermey
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark25
Ford should have only made one engine version for the Mustang, a V8, then there wouldn't be any of this rivalry between V8s and V6s...you don't see Chevy putting out a V6 Corvette...they put out a 500HP Z06...and the standard 400HP Vette is no slouch either...
But when the Camaro was in production, Chevy offered both a V6 and a V8 version of the Camaro. Besides, Ford needs to make the V6 Stang, something to do with meeting Federal regualtions for production numbers or such. Plus many people own a V6 because they want a V6. As strange as it may sound to those of us who have V8s, some people (for whatever reason) simply do not want a V8. Ford makes more V6 Mustangs because they sell more V6 Mustangs. Without the V6 Mustang, Ford would not be able to use the Mustang as their bottom line getter. Remember, it is because of the F-150 and the Mustang that keeps Ford from being totally overcome by their financial woes.

On a personal note, I like being a bit special. In 2005, Ford aimed for 192,000 Mustangs, but may have only reached approximately 160,000 Mustangs. Of those 160K Stangs, only approx. 60K were GTs and of those, only approx. 13K were convertible GTs. I really like having one of the rarest production cars for model year 2005...a 2005 Mustang GT convertible (of course it is further limited if you count color, interior, convertible top and transmission). If Ford only made one version, then I would have one of 160,000+/- instead of of one of 13,000+/-. Now do not get me wrong, I am not saying a V8 is better (or worse) than a V6, just different. Just remember, different strokes for different folks.

Cant we all (Mustnag owners...V6, GT, Coupe & Vert) just get along?!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome