Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - No love from a sixer
View Single Post
post #74 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2006
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
But when the Camaro was in production, Chevy offered both a V6 and a V8 version of the Camaro. Besides, Fords needs to make the V Stang, something to do with meeting Federal regualtions for production numbers or such. Plus many people own a V6 because they want a V6. As strange as it may sound to those of us who have V8s, some people (for whatever reason) simply do not want a V8. Ford makes more V6 Mustangs because they sell more V6 Mustangs. without the V6 Mustang, Ford would not be able to use the Mustang as their bottom line getter. Remember, it is because of the F-150 and the Mustang that keeps Ford from being totally overcome by their financial woes.

On a personal note, I like being a bit special. In 2005, Ford aimed for 192,000 Mustangs, but may have only reached approximately 160,000 Mustangs. Of those 160K Stangs, only approx. 60K were GTs and of those, only approx. 13K were convertible GTs. I really like having one of the rarest production cars for model year 2005...a 2005 Mustang GT convertible (of course it is further limited if you count color, interior, convertible top and transmission). If Ford only made one version, then I would have one of 160,000+/- instead of of one of 13,000+/-. Now do not get me wrong, I am not saying a V8 is better (or worse) than a V6, just different. Just remember, different strokes for different folks.

Cant we all (Mustnag owners...V6, GT, Coupe & Vert) just get along?!

Where's the fun in that?!

We loved killing the 350/454s back in the 80s. There's no more of those to kick around. What's more satisfying -beating a 350 with a 428? or beating one with a 302/5.0L?

The 5.0L

What's more satisfying than that? Doing in in a 3.8L!!!!

Shoot, If I can somehow figure out how to put that lil 3.5L (stroked to 4.0L) in my 2003, I'm going to be in heaven. - Throw a blower on that sucker, and start hunting Terminators!!!!

:hihi:

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome