Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - MT-82 Transmission Additive Update
View Single Post
post #80 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2013
C Green
PONY Member

XL-18 is medium tan color, similar to the color of QDC or regular motor oil. All I know is it is now day 3 and its even better. After adding it with fresh QDC the first run out of the driveway was better, but not convincing but after about 150 miles now, all I can say is wow. This is a totally differnt gearbox. 2nd gear blockout and notchyness on a cold car is gone, 3rd gear nibble before warmup gone ,4th gear slight whine gone. The shifter just feels the way it did in all of my previos Mustangs. Just slides right into gear. As far as longevity of the modifier, who knows. But I do know it has made me love my car again, before the nagging "wonder if this gear will engage" for the first 15 of driving is gone. I would recommend for everyone that has the same issues as me to go get a bottle. If this turns out to be bad for the tranny down the road, oh well....Ford recommended it so its their problem . Powertrain warranty is 60k and I'm at 15k, so I can give this XL-18 a good long test.

2012 GT Premium, 6spd, 3.73 rear, Steeda shift bracket, GT500 ABs, tint, matte black OTT stripe, Boss shift knob and boot, MMD taillight trim, Infinity speaker upgrade
Previous Mustangs: 91 Lx 5.0 404 rwhp, 93 notch, 98 GTvert slow as hell,99 Gt, 2000 GT, 2001 GT, all manuals and all will be missed, mainly the 91 she was sweet.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome