Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - My awesome little V6
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2013 Thread Starter
randeez11
BOSS Member
S197 Member

My awesome little V6

Was out cruising last evening. I came up to a stop sign in a remote area and decided it was time to "try it" so to speak. I pulled the automatic shifter down into manual first, and said to my girl " watch this thing go" I briefly explained to her how the motor was making more torque since I added the headers and throttle body. I brake torqued it to around 1200 and punched it. The revs came up violently fast and the car went sideways till I shifted into second at around 6500. I then went into third, and had to slow down before worrying about excessive speed. Which doesn't really matter to me, but might, if a Police officer just happens to be around.
Ill never forget the look on my girls faced as the car pulled through first, and went sideways for about 30 feet , into second as it tore up the Perelli tires that I put on there off the Gt.The engine was doing nothing short of screaming, as it was negotiated through the gears. She looked surprised, an understatement as she is used to riding in my supercharged GT.
Anyone who criticizes the 3.7 V6 , is misinformed.It is an awesome, motor.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome