Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - No love from a sixer
View Single Post
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
a built 4.2 what? is it a crate engine?bottom line is it isnt a mustang v6 anymore is it? is the base engine the engine the car came with? it has to still be a mustang v6 at its base...mm&ff has run stories about killer mustang v6s before and one of its mods has been a V8 TRANSPLANTED IN...which kinda makes it a v8...ya know...and before some psycho accuses me of hatin the v6...i'm not...until recently i had 2 mustangs...one is named strtracr...one was a v6 named nghtrnnr...and i loved that nghtrnnr to death...but the general consensus was that i could never get it above 350hp....and still keep it reliable...so i'm really really curious as to how 638 hasnt blown it apart yet
General consensus doesn't know crap about the v6.

The block and heads are the same as in the 4.2L F-150 V6. All you have to do is swap out the rotating assembly. If you overbore the block you can come up with 4.3Ls, and if you modify the crank, you can come up with 4.4Ls.

I wouldn't recommend the offset grind on the crank though.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome