Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?!
View Single Post
JetBlack
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpac
Hey, I'm just wondering how GT guys take the heat about the whole Infiniti V6 thing just like you're wondering how V6 guys take the heat. I guess I'm 'trolling' as much as you are, huh?
LOL!!! You mean the Infiniti G35 that slowly fell farther and farther behind? The one I raced didn't quite have it. I can honestly say if he had 10-15 more hp, he would likely have kept right up.

You know 18 wheelers are 6 cylinders, right? Also only have 300-360hp? I can't imagine what their torque is though. Ignore the number of cylinders and hp claims.

I drove an RX-8 and was terribly disappointed! 235hp?!?! That's as much as an out-of-the-box GM Goodwrench 350!!! Unfortunately the RX-8 only has about 80 ft-lbs of torque.

That's not nearly enough to tighten my lugnuts.

"Horsepower sells cars. Torque wins races."
-Carrol Shelby

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome