View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2013
powerwhee
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by remyvass View Post
To me it just feels like its great from 0 to about 80. Then all the power slowly fades as I get higher and higher in speed. But I hear stock 2. 73 sucks in acceleration but once it gets going it really moves. I even herd in a long distance race or a race from a roll the 2.73s come out on top.
Not true at all. The reason the power slowly fades as you reach triple digits speeds is not because of your gears. It's because of your v6. haha after triple digits its about burning as much gas as you can to overcome wind resistance. that's where displacement is needed to keep the car accelerating hard. you can do tricks like turbos and prochargers, gears and exhaust mods, but after 100 mph its about how much gas you can burn per second to overcome the wind resistance that is increasing exponentially.

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome