post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2013
powerwhee
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
Sorry dude, but that is totally wrong.

The 2011+ Mustang V6 has plenty of power to top 150.

With an automatic though, the better mod than 3.73's would have been a high stall torque converter, then the 2.73's would allow top speed in third gear.

To the OP, what tune are you using to adjust for the 3.73's???
_
I'm not saying it can't hit 150... im sure it can considering how mine felt at 140. Not once did I say that it cant reach those speeds.

For it to accelerate quickly from 80-140 like it accelerates from 0-80 it needs a bigger displacement engine is what I was saying. While the best part of the v6 is 0-80 acceleration the bigger displacement engines are just starting to hit their stride and accelerate hard from 80 and up.

I've done many races with big v8s at Irwindale and beat them all. Of course the other 1/8 mile is when they begin to pull. That's what I was getting at.

A 2.0t gti can hit 150 if given enough space. I'm talking about acceleration. And small displacement engines do not accelerate quickly after triple digit speeds.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome