Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Motor Trend tire test w/ V6 mustang
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2013
740weapon
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012v6Pony View Post
OK so they claim they want to compare "tires" and then they swap out the rims with each different set of tires as well... Someone needs to point out that's not comparing "tires" that's a tire/wheel combination test and they never even address the rim/tires size/weight differences at all.
Notice ALL the tires they showed lined up for the mustang were the same physical height, but the three tires for the BRZ the last tire was visibly shorter than the other 2 and surprise! they saw a marked improvement with the shorter tires.

This is useless drivel meant to only prod the sheeple out there into buying things...
I assume you have never experienced extreme performance summer tires then? They stick like F***ing glue in a turn compared to max performance summer tires. Although the sorter diameter is definitely only going to help. I assure you, Extreme performance summer tires are worth seconds regardless of diameter change. If they were autocrossing, the time reduction would have been much greater.

2012 V6 Base. 6-speed. 3.31. Roush Wheel Hop Kit. BMR 38mm Front Swaybar. Camber Modded Koni Yellow Struts. Linear Steeda Sport Springs. J&M Camber Plates. J&M Panhard Bar. Airaid Intake. 93R Bama Tune. BBK Ceramic Shorties. Carbon Fiber Trac-Lok w/ Finned Cover. Hawk SR pads. GT Rotors. Spec Al Flywheel & Stage I Clutch, 18x10.5 ET38 Enkei PF01 Wheels. 285 30 R18 RE-71r tires. Boss 302 Radiator.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome