Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - How are the 05-07 cars judged?!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2006 Thread Starter
fordgrl99
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

How are the 05-07 cars judged?!

I've entered my car in a couple of shows over the past summer. Both were 'participation' judged - where the other Mustang owners in judged classes choose their 'favorite' S197. I won a 1st place trophy and an award of excellance (kinda cool to win a popularity contest, I think! ).

This past weekend I was at another show - only 3 S197s in attendance. This was actually a 'judged' show. Both of the other vehicles placed, but I didn't?! I'll admit I didn't get to wax it prior to the show, but she was darned clean (including the engine bay)! I can understand why the blue conv. with CDC shaker, lightbar, etc won. But the other car that placed is a 2007 brand-new off the showroom floor, NO modifications of ANY kind, grabber orange GT. I've done some appearance modifications on mine; what do I do to win? What's looked for when our newer cars are judged??

On a side note, this grabber orange is also the car that took 1st place at the show where I won the award of excellance. I think it's great that she won (this is also a club member of mine), but I just don't get it.....

2006 Deluxe GT. 5-spd. Black w/Dk. Charcoal cloth. IUP. Shaker 500. 8" stripes painted "satin grey effect".

1966 Sprint 200 coupe - Wimbledon White/red metal flake, red interior. 92,000 miles. 3rd owner (since 1989).

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome