Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Squeal during idle 2012 Mustang
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2013 Thread Starter
Imaginaryderek
Rookie

Squeal during idle 2012 Mustang

Hi I'm a long time lurker, first time poster.
I have a 2012 v6 Mustang with about 16,000 miles on it.

Sometimes when I start my car after it's been driven, I will get a nasty squeal when the car is idling. At first I thought it was just a belt or something but I read here it might be the pulleys. It goes away after a while of driving but it is pretty embarassing to turn it on and have it start crying, especially since it is a newer car. The problem is that my ford dealership is kinda far (there is a closer one but I didn't buy it there) so when I get there it has already gone away. I've taken it in twice, showed them a recording of the noise, bought that oil change package that comes with a multipoint inspection hoping they would find something but still they don't seem to interested in helping me figure it out.
I've already had to take it in twice because of a faulty break caliper. And now the front suspension is squeaking over speed bumps. I bought a new car to avoid a headache and it seems to have backfired. I'm just trying to see of maybe someone that has gone through this could maybe diagnose the problem so I can better describe it to the technicians or, if it is easy, fix it myself.
I bought the extended warranty -_- so I should be good for 6 years bumper to bumper.
Thanks for any input.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome