Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Motor Trend tire test w/ V6 mustang
View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2013
metros11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf stang View Post
Now I am curious
Cliffs notes: The Korean wins, but not on numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post
Again. Regardless of what the salesmen post at Motor Trend, it is a Mustang. And the best Ford has ever built. If us Mustang owners wanted a Camaro, or a Challenger, or even a Volvo. We would be driving one. Everyday driving experience with a Mustang defines its purpose and credibility. Not some magazine article written by a nimrod, waiting for a pizza to be delivered.
Well actually I would have never considered a Mustang, especially a V6 one, until I saw those numbers in Motor Trend. We're talking about a $25K car that goes 0-60 in 5.1 seconds, that boggles my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post
One of the reasons Im driving Mustangs is because the still have a solid axle. Ive heard all the arguments about how the IRS out handles it, but on the street, in the REAl world. the solid axled Mustangs do just fine. After all, I have no intention to enter my car in the Indianapolis 500 anyway.
Pretty sure your solid rear would do just fine in the Indy 500, you're only going in circles. Agreed though, for everyday driving it's not an issue. Not to mention the BOSS is a track beast.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome