Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - How to keep up with 2012 5.0 vs 2013 mustang 5.0 ?
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2013
USAFS197
Banned

It's funny being on this side of the fence, now. Coming from previous V8 mustangs, I always felt the V6 was some half-hearted joke. You can have some of the aesthetics but none of the raw performance. The 3.7 is a stark contrast to the previous V6's. I'm getting older and the days of running around trying to pick a fight with other motorists while out on the road is behind me. So is the gas mileage and the temptation to go totally overboard with a build. On top of all that, I finally removed that chip on my shoulder I carried for so many years towards owners of "lesser" mustangs.

Back on point, a 125 shot and drag radials would skyrocket you comfortably past a stock 5.0. They aren't faster based purely on their power plant alone. ~ 370rwhp is still ~370rhwp, you know? It's not magically faster because it's a coyote, or an LS3, etc. Don't get me wrong, the coyote is a great motor but, that doesn't make it infallible. It's no more divinely perfect more than the 5.8 GT500 motor. Remember, only the LS1 was ever touched by god, right? Lol.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome