Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - How to keep up with 2012 5.0 vs 2013 mustang 5.0 ?
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2013
<3_3.7
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
With 3.31 gears, a good tune, and intake and you can keep up with one to around 80. Than it starts training and by 120 it will put about 5 cars on you. How do I know?

My very good friend has a 3.31 geared 5.0. I've raced him a bunch of times at the strip and on the street from varying roll ons. His best time in the 1/8th mile on the same day as me was a [email protected] mph. My best time was a [email protected] mph. till around 60 cause of traction limitations I keep up than by 80 he has blown by me.

What I'm trying to say is that with bolt ons you can keep up, you'll extend your amount you keep up, maybe up to 100 you'll be able to keep up with full bolt ons, but all motor, the bigger engine will pull ahead hard past triple digits. Always.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Basically what I said earlier. So, vs stock on the strip you could be as good, but with good brakes and tires on the right track or autocross circuit, you could not only keep up but win.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome